Apple pickin', long grass, laundry, and love












So it is Friday again. Amazing how that seems to happen about every seven days! Yesterday, Mike and I went with Jonah, Elijah, and Meredith to pick apples with our local homeschooling group. We had tons of fun which I can't show you because I forgot my camera! Oh well. Actually--it is okay. I like to think of those moments without my camera as moments I am actually a part of my children and their (our) experiences (rather that separated by a lens).

So an apple-pickin' we went! The McCouns (my favorites) still weren't ready, and the Jonamacs (we like those just because of their name) didn't look to great, so we ended up with Galas--which are tasting pretty delicious! Jonah has decided that the best thing we can do with those apples is bake a pie. So a pie we will be baking!

Jonah has also decided that with the success of the pumpkins we are growing he is ready to take on a tree! So we are starting our apple trees seeds (along with some beans and wheat). We have granny smiths, too--so I think we will be trying both those and the galas.

Beyond that, the house is a wreck, we still have about 5 loads of laundry to do (we ALWAYS have about 5 loads of laundry to do!), the grass is long, the leaves are falling into the pond, the hallway needs to be vacuumed, and I still have 3 courses of curriculum to write for the new classes I am "teaching" online. But the kids are are GREAT!

We just can't seem to pull ourselves away from them to get anything done around the house. The neighbors probably don't understand--but then again, they are moving (and our kids are GREAT!)--so what do we care?!!

Tally Ho!
Karen
0 Responses