A Zoo Life or How to spend Day 2 of Rosh Hashannah!

The Zoo, the Zoo, the Zoo! Oh how we Love thee! Let us count the ways:


Check out the reflection of Garrett in the window, next to the snake!




Ryan and Ms. Lion sticking their tongues out at one another (I swear the lion started it!)



The boys are looking at the monkeys--but I thought these were a better shot!



Meredith enjoyed the zoo---not so much the flash!



Rock climbin' at the zoo!



This little crevice in the rock that the otter is sitting in usually has a waterfall coming through it. Every time we come to the zoo this otter (or the other one--I have difficulty telling them apart!) climbs up here to block it. The boys find it hysterical that the otter (in their mind) washes his butt this way-LOL. Otter enema? Maybe he needs more roughage!





I love this sign! I think--in many ways--it captures the essence of otter unschooling!
I want to put a similar sign outside of our house (or our local elementary school):
"If you can't spot our children, you may have to look outside the box!"




After the zoo (and the gift shop) we went to Target. The boys (most of them) bought big bouncy balls. I think that big bouncy balls are the best toy ever! Apparently the boys agree--except for Jonah--he bought beef jerky instead!!!


1 Response
  1. My wife is so amazing. How did I ever get so lucky? Most people spend their entire lives waiting for something great to happen to them. It's sad when they don't realize that it already has happened to them... but not me. Not me.